As a momma-of-four at home, crisis schooling & teaching my own classes to my students, maintaining semblance of sanitary home, wife-ing, and friend-ing gal, I hearby grant thee the following permissions:
- You may say no, nope, nuh-uh, no way with no residual guilt.
- Paper plates are allowed.
- You may read a book that you like-not for work or any purpose other than to just escape.
- You are granted permission to turn your phone off.
- Cease checking the news. If you must check it, set a timer for 15 minutes and then move on. Permission granted to focus on your home and those within.
- Sleep odd hours (even for a thing called a ‘nap’ if the opportunity arises).
- You may retire the iron for this season.
- You may lock your bedroom door for a date night (ONLY applies to marrieds).
- You may make a fantastic detailed schedule.
- You may crumple up said fantastic detailed schedule.
- You may uncrumple and tweak said fantastic detailed schedule.
- Sandwiches are permissible for any meal-as is cereal!
- Permission granted to focus on your home and those within.
- You may lock the door when you go to the bathroom.
- You may decorate for any season you like.
- Worship through song with your church, youtube videos, homemade instruments, and off-key voices. Sing at the sink, in the shower, at the dinner table, and on the porch.
- You may let your kids do their work/projects by themselves-you do not need to re-earn your elementary and high school diplomas.
- You may let your kids fail. It is a great lesson to learn.
- You have permission to start a project, quit it 1/3 way through, stick your tongue out at it, restart, and repeat!
- You may laugh in a gut-busting, down to your toes, tears in your eyes manner as much as you can.
- You are allowed to wallow and weep-give yourself a set amount of time (15 min-30 min) and have a good ol’ tantrum. Then blow your nose and march on.
- You may wear comfy clothes-including seasonal ones that simply are not in season.
- You are allowed to fail.
- You are also allowed to succeed.
- You are granted permission to feel all the things.
May the lasting memories from this unexpected season be ones of joy and an awareness of Christ’s love. If you don’t know Jesus as your personal Savior, email me or comment! I would love to chat with you about Him!
3 thoughts on “Permission Slip”
This is the best thing I’ve read all week. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I felt this to my core and needed it so much. I love you guys. I am praying for each of you daily in every specific way possible during this time.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love you and miss you guys immensely. We are lifting y’all up, too. Oodles. I laugh about giving myself permission…but it is something I actually need to do!
This is awesome!! 💜💜 Love you lots!!